It’s no secret that when most people think of contractors they likely remember a bad experience. According to the BBB the home improvement industry, including bathroom remodeling contractors, has more complaints that any other service. http://www.bbb.org/us/storage/0/Shared%20Documents/complaintstats/stat2011/US%20-%20Industry%20-%202011.pdf In fact, our motto is, “CONTRACTORS HATE US but, HOUSTON LOVES US!” There are many reasons why we NEVER use sub-contractors. We have rescued several clients who started their bathroom remodel with a contractor-bathroom remodeler. These clients trusted a contractor to do a good job at a fair price. These folks also trusted that their contractor-bathroom remodeler would stand behind their work. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees from most contractors. http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/consumer&id=8942798 Many general contractors sub-contract work to workers with little or no experience. The use of day laborers who don’t know the first thing about bathroom remodeling is a common practice. Just ask Ms. Noser, her contractor rode off into the sunset with her money never to be seen again. TRUE STORY!! http://youtu.be/fLJSaRY8eHw
For your protection, we have compiled a list of questions that should be answered by anyone you let work in your home. As a consumer be sure to ask them the following questions:
- DO YOU SUB-CONTRACT OR USE YOUR OWN EMPLOYEES?
– Who will enter your home? Are they background checked, insured, competent and reputable?
- ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE BBB OF HOUSTON?
– If not, why not? If so, what’s your rating? How long have you been in business? Show me references!
- DO YOU HAVE WORKER’S COMPENSATION INSURANCE?
– You, the homeowner, are liable for any injuries to workers on your property if your contractor does not have insurance. Request proof – PROTECT YOURSELF.
- DO YOU HAVE A MASTER PLUMBER ON STAFF?
– Plumbing is a trade requiring years of experience.
- DO YOU OFFER A WARRANTY?
– Don’t be fooled by a “Forever Warranty”. A warranty is only as good as the company that backs it up. Find a stable and reputable company.
Are we stating that all contractors are crooks? Of course not, just remember to do your research and be sure and use a stable and reputable company for your bathroom remodel. If your bathroom remodeling contractor cannot answer the questions above to your satisfaction then maybe they shouldn’t earn your business. You may setting yourself up for disaster. For a worry free experience, put your bathroom remodel into the hands of the experts. Here at Re-Bath, bathroom remodeling is what we do, all day, EVERYDAY! So go ahead, call us and ask a few questions about bathroom remodeling at (281) 894-4600. Re-Bath…Since 1979!